Learn about Navy Elementary
- Our vision is to become an exceptional 21st-century school community in which all students will achieve, and then exceed state standards. This will create informed, self-sufficient and productive citizens, educated decision makers, and responsible adults.
- We create in collaboration with parents, a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment that enables our students to learn to their fullest potential. This community of trust enables all to accept our individual differences and to promote an integrated curriculum where students take pride in the ownership of their learning, growth, and community.
Core Values and Beliefs
- Each child is important and has the right to a free, safe and appropriate education. Our students are treated with respect and encouraged to respect others. We believe that all students have the ability to learn. With high expectations for achievement, each child can realize his or her full academic potential.
- Excellent teachers are vital for student success. Learning takes place when the instruction is geared to meet student needs. Our staff will engage in continuous professional growth and development.
- When positive home/school partnerships are formed, student achievement rises. We believe that the acceptance of our increasingly diverse community provides students with the ability to understand and build friendships with those of other cultures.
FCPS School Profile
About Navy Elementary
- Navy Elementary School is an exciting place for children to learn and grow. The exceptional, warm, caring staff is committed to implementing educational opportunities for children that blend technology with research-based strategies for academic, social and emotional growth. In addition to a strong academic focus at Navy, physical fitness, and an enriching fine arts program play important roles in developing the whole child.
- The school focus is on learning. Staff members are committed to providing students with a supportive, differentiated, technology-rich instructional environment in which children can thrive using 21st-century skills, as well as setting goals. Navy School's very active PTO and business partner, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, support our efforts through classroom volunteerism, in-school cultural arts assemblies and health and community-related projects. Typical after-school programs include Chess Club, Athletic Enrichment, Basketball Club, Dolphin Discovery science classes, Dynamic Dolphin Intervention Club, Junior Master Gardeners and Imagination Stage classes. FLES (Foreign Language in the Elementary School) Spanish class is taught in grades K-6 during the school day.
- The Navy Family has a strong commitment to community service. Students in all grades participate in a variety of activities involving recycling and preserving our Earth. Student awareness in researching and recycling reusable, everyday items and applying this research to make the environment a cleaner, healthier place, is highlighted in every classroom. Navy students are well prepared to become productive, contributing members of society.
Learn about FCPS' Attendance policies. Submit an absence online using our online attendance form.
Digital Transformation and FCPSOn
Transforming teaching and learning to prepare students for the future
Navy is currently pursuing Biodiversity, Schoolyard Grounds, Waste and Consumption, and Energy as part of its Eco-System program.
WHAT'S FOR LUNCH TODAY?
School Payments Made Easy
From the cafeteria to the classroom, pay anytime, anywhere from your computer or smartphone.