School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Navy Elementary School
Jon Coch, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - Academics
All students will be literate, able to obtain, understand, analyze, integrate, communicate and apply knowledge and skills to achieve success in school and in life. Academic progress in the core disciplines will be measured to ensure that all students, regardless of race, poverty, language or disability, will graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for college and/or employment, effectively eliminating achievement gaps.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Reading & Math
90% of all subgroups will pass the 2021 Spring Math and Reading SOL assessments.
Students reading below grade level, according to the DRA benchmark, will receive guided reading at least three times a week and participate in monthly online reading assessments.
Students reading two grade levels below will receive research based reading program in addition to guided reading provided by the classroom teacher.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Portrait of a Graduate
By June 2021, 100% of students will demonstrate growth by at least one point within one named Portrait of a Graduate attribute as measured by student self-assessment rubrics.
- Teachers will introduce three selected skills within the team’s Portrait of a Graduate attribute.
- Students will reflect on their POG attribute growth regularly.
- Teams will report documentation of student POG growth around the selected attribute.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Caring Culture
By June 2021, 92% of families at Navy will report feeling respected based on the 2020-2021 Family Engagement Survey.
- The school will increase the number of families taking the School Engagement Survey.
We will make materials provided by teachers and school available in home languages.
- Teachers will be clear about how academic and social progress will be communicated throughout the year.
- School and PTO will organize a virtual Family Engagement workshop.