School Innovation & Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Navy Elementary School
Jon Coch, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - Academics
All students will be literate, able to obtain, understand, analyze, integrate, communicate and apply knowledge and skills to achieve success in school and in life. Academic progress in the core disciplines will be measured to ensure that all students, regardless of race, poverty, language or disability, will graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for college and/or employment, effectively eliminating achievement gaps.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Reading
Our SWD will improve from a 56% to a 70% on reading SOL in grades 3-6.
- Students in grades 3-6 will set personal reading goals.
- In CLT meetings, teachers will review data and discuss strategies to support students’ strengths and needs.
- The Reading Teacher will attend grade level CLT meetings, twice a month, to provide professional development and/or serve as a resource.
- All teachers will be trained to administer the DRA at their specific grade level.
- Reading Resource Teacher provides small group reading instruction.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Math
All Gap Groups will achieve 80% or higher on the Math SOL.
- Students will engage in intervention activities and curriculum during their designated intervention time.
- Identify students in each of the Gap Groups.
- Teachers implementing Guided Math in their instruction.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – All Subject Areas
100% of the students in grades K-6 will complete 4 PBL units which consist of the essential components.
- Teachers participated (over 90% staff completed) in PBL training focusing on the Essential Components.
- Specific teachers are implementing action research on PBL projects.
- SBTS and Admin are collaborating with grade level teams to implement PBL projects.
- Pyramid is piloting PBL/Capstone program for FCPS.