The mission of Navy Library Media Center is to ensure that the students and staff are independent and effective users of information. The program fosters information handling skills and reading enjoyment.
Navy ES Library Catalog
Online Databases and eBooks
- The Library Media Center is open during school hours for circulation of books, reading for pleasure, research in small or large groups, and for class activities.
- Grades K-2 have a weekly library lesson and time for checking out books. Grades 3-5 have an alternating weekly library lesson and time for checking out books. Sixth-grade lessons are scheduled as needed. All students have access to the library at any time during school hours with teacher permission.
- Navy’s library circulates an average of over 3,000 books per month.
- Students may have the following number of books checked out
- Kindergarten – 1 Book
- 1st and 2nd Grade – 2 Books
- 3rd – 6th Grade – 3 Books
- Magazines may be checked out over-night to students in grades 3-6
Virginia Reader’s Choice
- Each year Navy participates in the Virginia Reader’s Choice Program. This program is sponsored by the Virginia State Reading Association to promote lifelong reading.
TumbleBooks has over 1,000 titles including storybooks, read alongs, videos, nonfiction, math stories, puzzle games and more. See your teacher for username and password.
Log on with FCPS username and password.
Contact your child's classroom teacher for login information.